In the early 1890s, Albert Eadie and R.W Smith formed The Eadie Mfg Co as a result of buying the business and premises of George Townsend & Co, in Hunt End, Redditch.
1893: the Enfield Mfg Co Ltd was registered to market the Enfield bicycle, manufactured by the Eadie Company. Eadie became a prominent manufacture of cycle components.
1896: The New Enfield Cycle Co Ltd was formed to take over the bicycle section of both the Enfield Mfg Co and the Eadie Mfg Co.
1897: Enfield Cycle Co Ltd was formed.
1897: Eadie Mfg Co moved to new premises in Lodge Rd, Redditch. Enfield Co Ltd remained at the Hunt End works.