MAKERS: QUADRANT Cycle Co

A partnership was formed between William Priest and Walter John Lloyd on 22 August 1881, though the Lloyd brothers are also mentioned in early advertisements.

Quadrant machines had been patented in 1882 and shown at the 1883 Stanley Show when the first catalogue was produced. The Quadrant name was registered as a trade mark from 3 April 1884. The name came from the shaped bearings in which the tricycle guide wheel steered.
The Quadrant Cycle Co name was effective from 1 January 1892.

Start Guided Tour

Items in this Collection

FOR SALE

1889 Lady’s Quadrant Tricycle

View

1889 Quadrant ‘No 17’ Dwarf Safety Roadster

View

1892 Bicyclette Quadrant ‘No 22’

View

1898 Quadrant Chainless Light Roadster (#55291)

View

1898 Quadrant Chainless Light Roadster (#57425)

View

1898 Quadrant Gent’s Tricycle ‘No 8B’ with Band Brake

View
FOR SALE

1899 Quadrant ‘Army & Navy’ Tricycle

View

1899 Quadrant Convertible Tricycle with Band Brake

View

1899 Quadrant Convertible Tricycle with Band Brake

View

1901 Quadrant Military Bicycle

View

1905 Quadrant Special Road Racer

View